Irwinconsult have designed South East Australia’s first Bubbledeck healthcare structure completed at Albury Wodonga Regional Cancer Centre.

Hansen Yuncken have recently completed the Bubbledeck superstructure to AWRCC. This floor system has particular benefits for highly serviced buildings, such as in the healthcare sector, as it delivers flat, thin and stiff floorplates.

The plastic “bubbles” displace approximately 30% of the concrete, without reducing strength and stiffness significantly. The floor panels were produced by Bianco in Adelaide with a 60mm concrete biscuit base capturing approximately 90% of the total reinforcement. On-site activities are minimised and comprise propping the precast floor panels, placing the remaining 10% of the reinforcement, and placing the balance of the concrete.

The resulting 340mm thick flat plate floor delivers full flexibility for services installation, with spans of up to 9.0m. For further information contact Barry Roben on +61 (0)3 9622 9700.

 

ln-awcc-03